Please contact us if you know anyone who would fit the below job description and is looking for a job, or to make a change.
Job Title: Assistant Account Manager
Licensed property casualty agent to join wholesale broker team handling professional liability and D&O accounts. We see business from over 600 independent insurance agencies across the U.S., from our office in Hyde Park, east of Cincinnati. Assist Brokers in writing and servicing a D&O and Professional Liability book of business.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties of the AM include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support to brokers including preparing proposals, gathering information, follow-up on new and renewal accounts.
- Maintain appropriate records of service and policy communications with producers and underwriters by documenting and updating electronic files and our firm management system accordingly.
- Respond to producer and underwriter inquiries, service requests and claim notices.
- Assist Brokers as required with technical support including preparing proposals, gathering information, follow-up on new and renewal accounts.
- Process endorsements, invoices, certificates of insurance, applications, proposals, binders, and other miscellaneous requests under the direction of the Broker.
- Respond to producer and underwriter inquiries, service requests and claim notices
- Suspend all new lines, renewals, endorsement requests and binders and follow-up on all suspense’s in agency management system; review pending items daily.
- Contact underwriters and producers to follow-up on outstanding requests.
- Download policies, endorsements and other documents from carrier websites as needed.
- Maintain appropriate records of service and policy communications with producers and underwriters by documenting and updating electronic files and our firm’s management system accordingly.
- Share responsibilities with the office staff in all administrative matters including processing department mail and answering the telephone.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years prior insurance experience in a P&C insurance agency, underwriting or insurance customer service role
- Valid P&C brokers’ license preferred (or ability to successfully obtain one in required timeframe)
- College degree preferred
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Travel is minimal.